Yesterday I learned that “Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo” is a grammatically correct English sentence. At about $600 a class and about 43 class days a semester at UT, I figure that my professor owes me a free textbook or maybe a CD. Then again, he pointed out that there seems to be only one word in the English language that can be inserted anywhere in a sentence and even as an infix in some words - fucking - and that’s genuinely useful trivia, so maybe it all cancels out.
Here’s some miscellaneous reading material:
- Booska’s Ramen snack reviews are now hosted here at SNF.
- Bush doesn’t know what brie is… it’s almost endearing at this point.
- Phil fucking Gramm is retiring! And Jesse Helms already announced his retirement, so I guess we don’t have to kill them anymore.
- Corporations in U.S. history - technically, my company isn’t a corporation, it’s just part of a sinister web of financial entities that control the world. Also, we have carp ponds at work.
- Dr. Sbaitso is back! And I’m using him for evil
- Bible saves kid from shotgun blast - amazingly, there isn’t a single quote in the story about God’s will or Jesus’ love or divine this or holy that. Just a crazy mom hopped up on pills trying to kill her sons, and the book that saved one of them.